Coastal Counseling is currently accepting new clients throughout Arkansas, Texas, & Florida. I work 100% online for your convenience as well as to work with my “ideal clients”.
Online counseling provides you with the opportunity to take care of your emotional needs while continuing to tend to the remainder of your day-to-day responsibilities.
At Coastal Counseling, we are able to do the same work while you sit in the comfort of your own home, in your office, or even your car! This removes the stressors of traffic, taking off work early, finding a sitter, or getting to the next place you need to be on time.
When choosing Coastal Counseling for your therapy needs, you will conveniently be able to complete all documentation through my portal and schedule your own appointments online! Our sessions will be held over HIPAA-compliant secure video conferencing. All you need is a computer, tablet, or smart-phone and a stable internet connection. If you find yourself hesitant about doing therapy online, please schedule a free 20-minute consultation by clicking here. This will give you an opportunity to see how it works.
Studies have shown online therapy can be just as productive and helpful as face-to-face sessions. Online therapy provides individuals who are severely anxious about leaving home the comfort of remaining in their home while working on their anxiety. It is also ideal for individuals who live too far away from their therapist of choice. Counseling sessions can also be offered via email or phone if absolutely needed. Secure video counseling is recommended and preferred.
I highly recommend and encourage all clients to find a therapist who specializes in their specific concerns. When individuals have a specific legal matter, they tend to select a “bankruptcy attorney” or “divorce attorney.” It is not always wise to choose a professional who does a little bit of everything or the first one who picks up the phone. Find someone who specializes in the issues you are facing and is passionate about it!
I am passionate about working with adults in Arkansas, Texas and Florida who struggle with knowing who they are and how they feel. The adults who continue to strive for perfection and are often people-pleasers. Trying to be perfect or striving to please people leaves you feeling frustrated and alone.
Benefits of Online Therapy
- Easily accessible
- Convenient for rural areas
- Able to choose the best therapist for you despite your location
- Comforting for those who do not like to leave their home
- Removes the stress of finding transportation or dealing with traffic
- Flexible scheduling
- Eliminates the fear of running into others you may know
- Able to be more honest – it is sometimes easier to voice those difficult thoughts or emotions when you are not face to face
- Provides more opportunities for those with physical limitations
- Insurances are beginning to recognize this service and are more open to paying
Risks of Online Therapy
- Concerns with confidentiality
- Unauthorized use by family members
- Possible technology failures
- Misunderstanding nonverbal cues
- Therapist being unavailable during crisis situations
- Please note online therapy is not effective or suitable for severe mental illnesses. An appropriate referral will be provided during consultation or intake if there are reports of suicidal or homicidal ideation, auditory or visual hallucinations, or severely addictive behaviors.
Schedule your free consultation!
My Credentials & Additional Information Concerning Ethics or Regulations
Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling https://abec.statesolutions.us/
Arkansas License Number: P1602018
Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors https://www.dshs.texas.gov/counselor/
Texas License Number: 79885
Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor Out-of-State Telehealth https://floridasmentalhealthprofessions.gov
Registration Number: TPMC92
National Board for Certified Counselors http://www.nbcc.org/
My office phone number, online portal, and email are not monitored 24 hours per day. If you need immediate assistance, please go to your local emergency room or call 911.
Other Helpful Resources
National Suicide Help Line: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741